Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

See you in court Mr Blair!

Tony Blair has five days to decide whether to co-operate with an inquiry into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings or the Irish government will take Britain to the European courts, it emerged today.

Irish premier Bertie Ahern told the Dail parliament that if the British Government refuses to hand over files when they meet at the Intergovernmental Conference on Monday, then he will begin steps to pursue the matter at the European Court of Human Rights.

"I put him on notice and I relayed to him ... that I had an obligation to the Dail parliament which has worked on this with me for the last five years," Mr Ahern said.

"I don't want to be getting into a European scene if we can avoid it. It would be far easier if the British system were to co-operate on this, if not we will have to go the other route."

If Mr Blair cannot co-operate, Mr Ahern said he will immediately seek legal advice from the Attorney General on preparing a case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who have read United Irelander in the past will know that I have been very critical of Mr Ahern on numerous occasions but I will give credit where it's due. I salute Mr Ahern for his stance on this issue. There is no doubt in my mind that British Intelligence played a big role in the murder of Irish civilians in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings.

It is an issue I have covered in detail on United Irelander before and I have laid out lots of information on United Irelander's sidebar based on the excellent information by Joe Tierney.

It's time justice was done. With or without Mr Blair's assistance.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.