Friday, April 01, 2005

 

Fun Irelander Feature-6 County Trade-Off

Most Irish nationalists obviously feel bad about the fact that 6 Irish counties remained under British rule while the other 26 got to leave the UK. Well, what if we could trade 6 counties for the 6 that make up the North? What counties would you give up in order to attain Down, Derry, Armagh, Antrim, Fermanagh and Tyrone? Here are the ones I would trade:

Cork - What is the point of Cork? Corkonians are full of themselves. They call themselves the 'Rebel County'. Well then they'd have no problem being traded I'm sure!

Meath - People in Meath dislike Dubliners. And they're proud of that fact. They also tend to do better than us in Gaelic football. Considering we have Westmeath, Meath is expendable.

Laois - Why not? What's there? It doesn't even have the seaside.

Limerick - Do I really need to explain this one?

Roscommon - I'm not sure if I've ever gone there. I'm not sure why I would want to.

Leitrim - What do you mean why Leitrim? Did you even know it was an Irish county? Be honest!

So there you have it. Feel free to comment on my choices or to offer your own views.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.