Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Sunday Scrutiny-Ryan Tubridy

OK, I'll scrutinise a non-political figure this week.So Ryan Tubridy - what's the deal with this guy?Why the hell is he the hottest thing on Irish TV right now?Is there something I'm missing?I watched his show, Tubridy Tonight, last night and it's like a poor man's Tonight Show with Jay Leno.At least Leno is funny and can crack a few jokes.Leno also has great guests (no disrespect to Denis Taylor or Steve Davis but they're not exactly superstars).Even the music is a rip-off of Leno's show!

I know Tubridy has a radio show.I don't listen to it because I don't like listening to the radio in the morning so I don't know what he's like on that but I just don't get the fascination with this guy.He presented the Rose of Tralee show a couple of years ago as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Am I the only one who doesn't buy into the hype that surrounds this guy?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.