Wednesday, January 19, 2005

 

United Irish Flag...

Yesterday,I gave my top ten list of flags and put the Irish tricolour as number 1 however,as much as I love my country's flag,I am realistic and I know that in the event of discussions for a united Ireland that unionists would not tolerate the tricolour as the flag of the state.
I find this disappointing as I can't think of a more apt flag but I understand their opposition to it due to its association with republicanism.
So,I ask you,what flag would be an acceptable one for a united Ireland?

Personally,I would advocate the return of the old flag with the harp on the green background but perhaps a new flag could be created?If so,what would it look like?
Feel free to give your own opinions.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.