Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

Remember Them...

Alot of you may know that I feel strongly about the fact that the Irish people who fought for the British in the two World Wars are all too often forgotten and not given the credit and respect that they deserve.
I have stated before that I feel there should be an all-Ireland rememberance at the time of the Rememberance celebrations and I find it disappointing that the Irish people don't consider wearing a poppy the way our neighbours across the sea do.

As Auschwitz is being honoured right now I feel it would be an appropriate time to try and raise the issue about those forgoten heroes of Irish history who have been airbrushed from history.
I would be interested in finding sites which promote this issue so if any visitors to this blog know of any Irish sites which advocate that the Irish people who fought for the British in wars get better recognition,I would be interested in finding out about them.Thank you.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.